About Me

My photo
In 2011 I married my college sweetheart and we moved to the big city of Atlanta.I'm an attorney & my husband is in sales & serves in the Georgia Guard. This is a little snipet of our story.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

love is in the air

  I can't believe I've finally started a blog. I've toyed with the idea of blogging for quite a while and I always enjoy keeping up with my buddies and their (kitchen disasters/house-hunts/pregnancies/vacations/etc.) So for those who are interested or plain bored, I'll do my best to entertain and inform at least once a week. 

  I really hate that I didn't start blogging immediatly after Matt's deployment on July 1st, but the Bar exam was looming over me and then I started my new job. Better late then never right? I don't quite know how to describe the past seven months. It's ironic because I've felt the most alone and the most loved all at the same time. Spending July 4th, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years (and now Valentine's Day) without the one I love has been no walk in the park. However, I'm happy to report that each day, God has shaped me into a stronger and braver woman. 

Matt and I have mastered the long distance relationship for sure. We haven't lived in the same zip code in four years. I really hope he's achieved some frequent shopper status with Harry & David and the Cheesecake Factory! Speaking of Harry & David, sweet Matt sent an impressive tower of goodies for Valentine's Day - so much for a wedding diet. Can you see the "whoopie pies?"  He knows that I'm a sucker for pretty packaging, and H&D always sends thier treats in the most beautiful boxes with lovely bows.

Secretly, I'd be thrilled to receive any of those cellophane-wrapped baskets you can buy outside the gas stations for $19.99.  I shipped Matt a package of sweets the other week and it has made it to Iraq just in time :) Tomorrow may be a bit sad, but Matt is coming home for his R&R in a week!!!! Love will be in the air .... literally!

2 comments:

  1. well now that you made me cry at work and i forced Rosanne to read the blog as well...i love you and i am so excited to follow your blog. This may possibly be my new addiction. Also, i'm glad that your valentines day present was so immaculate. I would have expected nothing less from perfect matt! LOVE you!! keep blogging

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm a big fan of the blog, but i'm kinda sad about saying goodbye to the jene. i guess perfect matt is worth it! pumped to be a Follower : )

    ReplyDelete