About Me

My photo
In 2011 I married my college sweetheart and we moved to the big city of Atlanta.I'm an attorney & my husband is in sales & serves in the Georgia Guard. This is a little snipet of our story.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Butterflies!

I'm about to die with excitement - Matt is in Kuwait waiting to catch a plane home! We're not sure how long he'll be on "stand-by" there ... it could be hours or days, but at least he's at an airport! fyi: Iraq to SC is about 6,586 miles. I haven't seen him in 7 1/2 months and my heart is filled with joy. Here's a picture from the last time we saw each other on July 1st - fake smiles and all.

I've got butterflies in my stomach and I'm nervous as if I'm about to go on a blind date. For some reason this past week I've felt compelled to have a total body transformation before he sees me. I had an urge to run out and get a spray tan, fake nails and color my hair. Luckily, I didn't act on any of those crazy ideas. Please join me in praying that Matt makes it here safely and that time stands still these next 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment