About Me

My photo
In 2011 I married my college sweetheart and we moved to the big city of Atlanta.I'm an attorney & my husband is in sales & serves in the Georgia Guard. This is a little snipet of our story.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Maundy Thursday

The sermon at the Maundy Thursday service this evening was really powerful, and explained more about the passage in John where Jesus washed the disciples' feet.  For some reason I always thought "maundy" somehow meant mourning. What I found out is that maundy roughly translates to mandate or command. That makes much more sense. Maundy Thursday is the day set aside to remember the Last Supper & the mandate that Christ gave us to, "Love one another, as I have loved you." 
It is moving (and honestly a bit uncomfortable) to see the black cloth draped across the alter in the church with the crown of thorns sitting there. It's a very visible reminder of the tremendous sacrifice Christ made for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment