About Me

My photo
In 2011 I married my college sweetheart and we moved to the big city of Atlanta.I'm an attorney & my husband is in sales & serves in the Georgia Guard. This is a little snipet of our story.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Cottonbaler Ball

On Saturday, Matt & I attended his Battalion Ball at the Marriott on River Street. He looked so handsome in his dress uniform! I made him explain the significance of each decoration on his uniform - but I'm afraid I would mess up if I tried to list some of them. Needless to say, I'm a proud fiance.

Here's all the guys - so sharp in the dress blues!

 Matt & SFC Solomon
Melissa & I before the dinner. She'll be tying the knot in a few weeks!
I really enjoyed seeing all of the traditions and formalities that the soldiers recognize. Matt's Regiment dates back to the Battle of New Orleans in 1815 and has such a rich heritage. Before dinner, several toasts were made - "To the United States of America, To the Commander-in-Chief, To the 3rd Infantry Division, To our Fallen Comrades....."  It was special to be a part of a tradition that dates back so far.  
It was powerful to look across the ballroom and see hundreds of men standing proudly in their uniforms, singing the Army song. It's been a challenge, and scary at times, but I'm thankful that through Matt, I've learned so much more about our military. And The Army Goes Rolling Along..............


No comments:

Post a Comment