About Me

My photo
In 2011 I married my college sweetheart and we moved to the big city of Atlanta.I'm an attorney & my husband is in sales & serves in the Georgia Guard. This is a little snipet of our story.

Saturday, September 15, 2012

End of Summer 2012

The summer has really flown by. I can't complain though - Fall is in the air, football season is here, and it's time for pumpkin everything!! Here's a few highlights from the end of the summer.
 My dear friend Mary Andrews is getting married this October, and we celebrated her upcoming wedding with a brunch. Here's the bride-to-be with a fancy-schmancy bloody mary.


The hostesses & bride: Keri, Ellen, Mary Andrews, me, Caitlyn, Lauren & Meg - we certainly missed Elizabeth too!


And here's Isabelle, Ellen's little cutie.

In August we saw B.B. King at Chastain - he's got to be 80+ and still puts on a great show!

Bryan & Caitlyn joined us, and we are so happy to have them in Atlanta.



Earlier this month, we had a little getaway to Lake Rabun. The weather was perfect and it was a wonderful weekend.
We stayed here...
not here....
Although there are great 'sword & serpent' memories from the majestic Mountain Valley Inn. When I passed by this place, I could not believe that I actually stayed there - more than once - what were we thinking?!

The weekend was perfect - lots of relaxing on the porch, a little hiking, and a nice change of scenery! 

It was also a special treat to visit my friend Bowen (and her now fiance Matt!), who was the captain of our pontoon cruises and also introduced us to "Boat Church," a Lake Rabun tradition.


Boat Church is every Sunday from Memorial Day to Labor Day, and a minister from a local church brings his crew - choir, keyboard, and all - out on the water. Everyone brings their boat around to listen to the sermon. It was quite a unique worship experience.

As it was the final sermon of the summer, the preacher man ended with a dip in the lake.

Lots of fun in the past few months - looking forward to the Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment