About Me

My photo
In 2011 I married my college sweetheart and we moved to the big city of Atlanta.I'm an attorney & my husband is in sales & serves in the Georgia Guard. This is a little snipet of our story.

Monday, May 2, 2011

My Soldier Loves Paula!

This past weekend was so fun & it went by in a flash! On Saturday, Mom, Nana, and AB came to Macon to enjoy the Garden Tour (more pictures to come). We spent Saturday morning walking through six beautiful gardens in the neighborhood. In the afternoon, while I volunteered for the tour, the other 3 hens rested in my hobbit hole. What a life!

On Sunday, after my family departed, Lauren and I went to the Metropolitan Cooking & Entertaining Show in Atlanta. We've gotten to be pros at these things. For the past few years, we've had so much fun going to  random craft shows & expos and we've developed an ability to scout out any free samples! We agreed that this show made the top of our list. We zig-zagged up and down the rows of vendors collecting lots of "swag."
 But we really went to the show to see Paula Deen! We sat in a crowd of about 2,000 people and watched Paula & her husband cook and tell the funniest stories. She really knows how to work a crowd. She was literally throwing mini key lime pies and pork tenderloin out into the crowd.
Matt loves the Food Network, and after moving to Savannah last year, he became an even bigger fan of Paula Deen.  Lady & Sons is one of his favorite restaurants.

 So, because I am shameless, I made a neon green poster that read "My Soldier loves Paula." Then, when it was quiet, I ran to the front and held my poster up and yelled "Paulaaaaaaaa!" She whipped her bouffant hair around, read my poster aloud, and said "Well honey, tell your soldier I love him too."

I passed Paula's message along to Matt and he was happy ... and embarrassed. I think if Paula had seen Matt's sweet face, she might have agreed to cater our wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment